Re: Western Digital Green 3TB SATA3 experiences

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 10:09:42 +0200
"Andris Berzins" <pkix@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am running RAID5 array on 6x 3TB WD SATA disks.
> I have problems with all of these disks (including replaced one).
> Disks are being randomly kicked out from array and SMART shows
> pending sectors which usually can be fixed by read-write or write to that sector.

Perhaps you have a problem with something other than the drives, e.g.:

- a bad or insufficient PSU, providing too low (or too high) voltage over 5V
  or 12V (this could manifest only under load, too);

- not enough cooling?

- inadequate case, resulting in overly high vibration or even resonance?

> Has anyone experienced something similar with WD green series?

If you see a sectors repeatedly appearing that become unreadable but are fixed
after a write, it is usually a symptom of a drive that is partially defective
and should be exchanged.

But since you have this symptom with all of them, maybe the cause is different.

> Is this because of WD "green" series?

No.

--
With respect,