Re: Any risk switching mdadm to static?

Hello Mark,
if you use genkernel initramfs you shouldn't have any problems, just
make sure you mdadm.conf is up to date when you ask genkernel to make
the initramfs, what the initramfs does it to boot your system into a
ramdisk and then initialize everything from there before pivoting into
the real OS, worst case you'll end up in a rescure shell where you can
start up the md's and then ask the system to use them after you exit the
shell.

/Tommy