Re: super slow reshape speed after power failure

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Alex Pientka <alex.pientka@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What kind of promise card and how is it connected to the motherboard?
> => pci-x promise 16300. Currently I have a ticket open with promise
> and I have been talking to the developer, who wrote the stex driver.
> He says it is a very lightweight driver. I assume it is a firmware
> issue on the promise card. If you check the promise release notes they
> constantly talk about hitachi 2tb drive issues all related to
> performance. My co-worker has 500gb, 750gb and 1000mb drives
> connected, which work fast. My 2tb drives are very slow. My writes are
> usually around 50mb/s.
>
> And how were the old disk controller connected to the motherboard?
> => abit pro ip35 motherboard; 5 of them connected to the intel on
> board controller and one disk was running on a sil sata2 pci-express
> 1x controller. This was necessary since I was not able to put the boot
> drive on the pci express controller.
>

> MB/s------------INTEL-SIL----PROMISE--
> Writer Report--------584.91-----51.54---
> Re-writer Report-----645.69----126.38---
> Random Read Report--4190.72------6.12---
> Random Write Report--474.83-----58.54---
> Alex

And the pci-x slot that it is in should be at least running at 66mhzx64bit so
should be able to do 500mb/second or so.

I would do separate "dd if=/dev/<diskname> of=/dev/null bs=1M count=1000" on
the disks and see if that even gets good speed.

If that gets good speed do all disks at once and see how fast they all
are at the same time,
"vmstat 1" (bi) will tell you how fast the whole group is running at
the same time.