Re: super slow reshape speed after power failure

The six drives have been moved from one system to another system. In
the previous system the partition table looked fine and the raid was
unbelievable fast. The new system has an older promise raid
controller, but way faster hardware. In the raid promise bios I had to
present every disk as a jbod device. Now on the linux boot up every
drive shows up. I highly doubt that the promise card made any
adjustments to the partition table. If that would be so I would assume
that the raid wouldn't even assemble since I am pointing to the entire
raw disk.

It may be good to reassemble the array with '--freeze-reshape'
to allow it to resync without interference from reshaping,
hopefully faster, and then '--continue' after resyning has
ended.
> You think the reshape is so slow right now since a reshape and resync are running? Since the entire system crashed I would assume this is a logical conclusion. Is there a way to double check that I am actually doing both currently?!

To start the raid I had to run the export command followed by "mdadm
-A /dev/md0 /dev /sd[bcdefg] --verbose --backup-file /root/chunk/1"
I assume you want me to do a --stop and then "mdadm -A /dev/md0 /dev
/sd[bcdefg] --verbose --backup-file /root/chunk/1 --freeze-reshape" ?
At that point I should see the rsync running, correct?
Alex