mdadm --monitor: need extra feature?

Hi,

I use Raid1 to make backup of the whole system. I remove hot-swap one drive from the array, and insert another drive. The goal is, that the only activity of a man is remove and insert the drive. The rest has to be automated.

Every drive, I use for this, has prepared Raid partition and was once added to array, so the zero block exists and UUID is equal to the working array.

After changing drives, the rebuilding must be initialized (mdadm -add)

But first, it must be discovered, that the device with consistent UUID appeared in the system with degraded array and is available for us. After such discover, I can add the device to the degraded array and start rebuilding.

"mdadm --monitor" can recognize that a drive disappeared, but it can't recognize, thant a drive with consistent UUID appeared!

Or maybye I am wrong and I didn't understand something from mdadm and mdadm.conf?

Now I use for this my own script in crontab and i don't use "mdadm --monitor" at all because it only partially do what I want.

My question is: Is it possibe to recognize with "mdadm --monitor" that the new device with consistent UUID appeared? Or if no, do You mean, this feature is worth to implement?

Sergiusz

ps.

sorry for my english :)