Re: OT: silent data corruption reading from hard drives

btrfs and jfs have silent data corruption protection, but it could be
nice to have this at block layer, since some databases (innodb at
mysql) can use block device to allocate information (as a performace
boost), and since i know, it don´t have silent data corruption
protection...
a solution at block device is better than filesystem? yes and no, but
at block device we can use with any filesystem, even with fat16 or
other old filesystem
we could add more features in future (like jornaling) but i think just
data integrity layer is nice... there´s others features like
reallocation (when write to a silent write detected block, realloc it
to another block like good SSD do)

--
Roberto Spadim
Spadim Technology / SPAEmpresarial