Re: [RFE] Please, add optional RAID1 feature (= chunk checksums) to make it more robust

> yeah for a 'fast' solution moving from one file system to another
> that
> works with theses checks can help you, while we check if this is
> usefull or not
>
> IMHO, if we implement this, we should implement outside any today
> raid
> levels, this should be done between device and filesystem, in others
> words:
>
> we should implement this to work like:
> DISKS - (OUR NEW SILENT ERROR SECURITY SYSTEM LEVEL, 1 PER DEVICE) -
> TODAY RAID LEVELS - FILESYSTEMS
>
> or
>
> DISKS - RAIDS LEVELS - (OUR NEW SILENT ERROR SECURITY SYSTEM LEVEL, 1
> PER DEVICE) - FILESYSTEM
>
> or
>
> DISK - (OUR NEW SILENT ERROR SECURITY SYSTEM LEVEL, 1 PER DEVICE) -
> FILESYSTEM
>

> using this, we "could give more security" to usb pendrives for
> example, and any block device (network block device, DRBD, or
> anyother
> block device in linux)

Well ... it looks more modular, easier and could have more usecases.
You're probably right at this point. Dracut maintainers would kill
us both, but that's a different story.
I'm only missing that possibility of immediate resyncing of the data
when a corruption is detected. That's probably the only thing, that
would be nice to have directly in the RAID layer (and could/should
be also optional).

J.