Re: degraded raid 6 (1 bad drive) showing up inactive, only spares

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 13:35:15 +0200 Oliver Schinagl <oliver+list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Neil,
>
> Good read! I don't know if it's important to have a list of all affected
> kernels, but as a Gentoo user, know that it affects at least the
> unstable branch, but I would not be surprised if it even affects the
> stable hardened kernel. I run those on my servers and may have noticed
> that behavior on my arrays as well.

Thanks.

It would be useful adding other kernels, but only where a vendor has
backported the offending patch to an earlier release, and then I'd want
actual release numbers from the vendor.

So if you could show me how to decode the gentoo kernel package information
so I could see exactly what patches were in which release I could work out
the release numbers from that ....

Thanks,
NeilBrown