Re: Hot-replace for RAID5

Well,

I used raid=noautodetect and the other arrays did start automatically.
I am not sure who started them, maybe  initscripts... But the one
which is reshaping thankfully did not start.

Unfortunately  the speed is not much better. The top speed is up by
cca third to maybe 2.3 MB/s, which seems pretty small and I am unable
to quickly pinpoint the exact reason.Do you have idea what can it be
and how to improve speed?

In addition the performance problem with bad drive periodically kicks
in sooner and thus the average speed is almost the same, around 0.8 to
0.9 MB/s. I am thinking about failing the problematic drive. Except
that I will end up without redundancy for yet not reshaped part,
should the failing work as expected even in the situation array is
now? (raid6 with 8 drives, 7 active devices in not yet reshaped part,
couple of times stopped and start with backup-file.)

Thanks.

Patrik