Re: additional feature for linear

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Jérôme Poulin <jeromepoulin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2011-09-17, at 03:14, Henti Smith <henti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Would it not be possible to add functions to linear mode to mark this
>> missing chunks as "bad blacks" and let the FS deal with it as such.
>
> Linux RAID can already deal with such a problem IIRC but if the
> filesystem superblock is missing or directory entries, you ain't going
> no where. This kind of feature would require filesystem knowledge of
> where the RAID split the device and would be better suited to a FS
> like BTRFS which mirror superblock and metadata without any Linux
> RAID.

Hi Jérôme

Thanks for the reply. I though BTRFS would be a good option as well,
but they don't seem to understand what I'm looking for :)

I have found a fuse base FS that seems to do this, so will play with that.

It's called http://romanrm.ru/en/mhddfs and seems to do what I need it
to do so will test :)

Thanks again for replying.

Henti