RE: Backup Server RAID Array Event Notification

	Well, OK.  So why does it report anything at all?

> So if it thinks that it was asked to monitor a RAID0 it pretends that it
> has
> disappeared with reason "Wrong Level".
> So if you explicitly ask it to monitor a RAID0, it won't and it will tell
> you
> why.

	That would make sense if I had started the monitor deamon and it had
sent the e-mail, but the monitor has been running for nearly two days, since
the system was rebooted.  Why send the message nearly a day after the deamon
is started, and why send it more than once (for each array)?

	By the same token, why did it wait nearly 8 hours and then again
more than a day and a half after the array was created to send the messages,
instead of immediately after it was created?

	This suggests I am going to be treated to a pair of spurious e-mails
every day or so telling me the device has disappeared, when it is perfectly
good.  After a few months of that, what happens when one of the devices
really does disappear?  We all know what happens to the system that cries,
"Wolf!" all the time.

> If you only implicitly ask with e.g. "mdadm --monitor --scan" with a RAID0
> listing in mdadm.conf it probably shouldn't give the message as it might
> be confusing... but it does.

	I'm not sure I follow.

> Or maybe the message is just confusing and I should change it.
>
> Or something.

	Well that's definite.  :-)