Re: Backup Server RAID Array Event Notification

On Thu, 9 Jun 2011 13:35:59 -0500
"Leslie Rhorer" <lrhorer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 	After I created a pair of two member RAID1 arrays and then added
> them as members to a RAID6 array, I am now getting messages similar to the
> following, complaining of "Wrong-level" issues.  When I check the RAID6
> array, however, it is clean and both RAID1 members are still there.  When I
> check both RAID1 arrays, they show clean with no events.  I am running a
> compare between all the data on this machine and its mirror (this is a
> backup machine).  So far everything looks good.  What does this imply?  Is
> there something about which I should be worried?

You said RAID1 twice, and your mdadm --detail doesn't agree with you and says
"raid0" twice. Maybe you mistakenly used RAID1 instead of RAID0 somewhere
else as well, and the WrongLevel message is trying to tell you that?

--
With respect,
Roman