Re: Software raid, booting and bios

Op 20-05-11 12:00, Simon McNair schreef:
> Paul,
> Please can you get some digital camera shots (resize them, low res and
> compress them) of the bios screen (or screen grabs if it's via a LOM).
> I'm especially interested in knowing if in the device listing there are
> two or more hard disks in the first place (as if there is only one disk
> I'd not be surprised at getting only one set of options).

It's not easy. I have machines in production and I had to reboot them to
do this. And I want to buy a new machine, but I don't have it yet.

> Can you ask you rack space vendor the specific question 'how do I set up
> a secondary boot device ?".

I can talk with them about it, but I think in most cases the first
device will be detected, so the second device will not be used.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.