Re: why disk errors are more likely to happen on md super block area?

humm head seek time? only testing to know if it will be decreased or not
the idea is: if md update metadata veryoften you should consider put
most i/o files near metadata sectors to don't lose time with head
positioning

real difference of metadata position?
maybe some bootloaders can't boot with md metadata at start/end of
disk/partition.
if you don't use this md device to boot, you don't need to worry about
it, any position will work, i don't know about growing array size
problems about meta data positioning, but i think you don't need to
worry about this too