Re: RAID-5 and mdadm --assemble troubleshooting

Wow, thank you so much.  I forgot to mention that I AM running mdadm
v3.1.4, compiled from source, after initially running the Ubuntu
default of 2.6.7.1.  I'm not sure why the "start_dirty_degraded" file
wasn't updated, but I'm glad I know about it now.

My attempts to re-add /dev/sda1 to the array right away failed, but a
reboot took care of that problem and it's now recovering.

Again, I really appreciate it.

Adam