Re: OK, Now this is really weird

Quoting Leslie Rhorer <lrhorer@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
	I have a pair of drives each of whose 3 partitions are members of a
set of 3 RAID arrays.  One of the two drives had a flaky power connection
which I thought I had fixed, but I guess not, because the drive was taken
offline again on Tuesday.  The significant issue, however, is that both
times the drive failed, mdadm behaved really oddly.  The first time I
thought it might just be some odd anomaly, but the second time it did
precisely the same thing.  Both times, when the drive was de-registered by
udev, the first two arrays properly responded to the failure, but the third
array did not.  Here is the layout:

[snip lots of technical details]

	So what gives?  /dev/sdk3 no longer even exists, so why hasn't it
been failed and removed on /dev /md3 like it has on /dev/md1 and /dev/md2?

Is it possible there has been no I/O request for /dev/md3 since /dev/sdk failed?
--
Jeff Woods <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>