Re: high throughput storage server?

Joe Landman put forth on 2/17/2011 6:06 PM:

> See above.  If you want to argue semantics, be my guest, I won't be
> party to such a waste of time.  The OP is doing analysis that requires a
> high performance architecture.  The architecture you suggested is not
> one people in the field would likely recommend.

We don't actually know what the OP's needs are at this point.  Any
suggestion is an educated guess.  I clearly stated mine was such.

The OP simply multiplied the quantity of his client hosts' interfaces by
their link speed and posted that as his "requirement", which is where
the 50Gb/s figure came from.  IIRC, he posted that as more of a question
than a statement.

--
Stan