Re: raid over ethernet

John Robinson wrote:
Now that is interesting, to me at least. More as a thought experiment for now, I was wondering how one would go about setting up a small cluster of commodity servers (maybe 8 machines) running Xen (or perhaps now KVM) VMs, such that if one (or potentially two) of the machines died, the VMs could be picked up by the other machines in the cluster, and only using locally-attached SATA/SAS discs in each machine.
I do that now - albeit only on a 2-node cluster. DRBD works just fine using locally attached drives.