Re: filesystem on mdadm raid from unpartioned block devices

options for raid in mkfs.ext4:

                   stride=stride-size
                          Configure  the  filesystem  for  a  RAID  array with
                          stride-size filesystem blocks. This is the number of
                          blocks  read or written to disk before moving to the
                          next disk, which is sometimes  referred  to  as  the
                          chunk   size.   This  mostly  affects  placement  of
                          filesystem metadata like bitmaps at mke2fs  time  to
                          avoid  placing them on a single disk, which can hurt
                          performance.  It may also be used by the block allo-
                          cator.

                   stripe-width=stripe-width
                          Configure  the  filesystem  for  a  RAID  array with
                          stripe-width filesystem blocks per stripe.  This  is
                          typically  stride-size * N, where N is the number of
                          data-bearing disks in the  RAID  (e.g.  for  RAID  5
                          there is one parity disk, so N will be the number of
                          disks in the array minus 1).  This allows the  block
                          allocator to prevent read-modify-write of the parity
                          in a RAID stripe if possible when the data is  writ-
                          ten.

i don´t know if it work