Re: mdadm raid5 with lvm: advantages?

Roman,

LVM supports both sparse LVs (--virtualsize) and defragmentation (though as you say it's not currently easy -- I started writing a script to handle it but it's not a big enough problem that I've ever actually wanted to use the script, still a general purpose "lvdefrag" could be written).

Thanks,
	Roy Keene