RE: Mismatches

	Well, I haven't run anything at all, yet.  The checkarray script
runs once a month as a cron job on all the arrays and reports their health.
Until just a few months ago, all 8 arrays on the servers always reported
complete via e-mail with no reported mismatches.  Then a few months ago,
some of the arrays started report8ing mismatches.  I was of the impression
the checkarray routine would not ony report, but tryto fix mismatches.  This
seems to have been incorrect, perhaps.  In any case, while trying to grow
one of the arrays a couple of weeks or so ago, nearly every large file on
the main array of the main server was corrupted.  A few small files were
also corrupted.  I copied everything back over from the backup array, and
all seemed well, except that checkarray (during its normal cron run) is
still reporting massive numbers of mismatches on the array.

> It was my understanding when researching RAID6 last week that the two
> parity calculations are actually different. Only one of them is simple
> parity. The the other is part of an advanced math degree. ;-)
> (According to Wikipedia, not a definitive source for sure...)

	Well, that's encouraging, if true.  It doesn't explain how big
chunks of data in almost every large file got corrupted, though.