Re: RAID10 striping vs LVM striping over RAID1 (noob)

Thanks to all for the feedback.

To summarize: RAID6 advantages over RAID10
   - greater fault tolerance
   - greater space efficiency with >4 drives
   - apparently easier to recover

disadvantages - additional CPU overhead, reduced performance

I still like the simplicity and ease of recovery of RAID1 (my original
scenario B), with the performance advantages a bonus.

But I plan to play around a bit, both for the practice and if I have
time to do some benchmarking.