Re: raid related kernel hang in 2.6.36

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 22:34:21 +0800 Du Jun <dujun@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Their's no dmesg information at all before the hang. The system just
> hangs suddenly without any kernel printk or oops.
>
> mdadm version is debian lenny version 2.6.7.2-3
>
> I will get mdadm -E & mdadm -D informations tomorrow but I doubt they
> are useful.

Probably not, but they wouldn't hurt either.

What would really help is if you could capture the result of
    sysrq-T

which I accept might be a challenge depending on how hard the machine really
has frozen.

Also, make sure the LOCKUP_DETECTOR config options are set, and wait a few
minutes after the hand to see if something pops up.

I'll try to see if I can reproduce, but I don't have 16 disks so it may not
work.

NeilBrown