Re: Devel 3.2 branch issues

On 11/22/2010 9:18 AM, Labun, Marcin wrote:
- the getinfo_super_disks method.  I couldn't see why you need this.
All the
   info about the state of the arrays should already be available.
   If there is something that you need that we don't have, please
explain and
   we can see how best to add it back in.

For external metadata we have added a metadata handler to get a disk state (a spare or not a spare) based on current metadata state on disk.
Ioctl(GET_DISK_INFO) does not have a disk state info for containers (returns 0 - so we don't know if it is a spare or a failed disk).
We know that a disk is an array member based on check its state in the array.

I'm still catching up on the devel-3.2 getinfo/load_super reworks, but I think this info would probably fit into the new 'map' parameter of getinfo_super(). Spares can be indicated as 'working' in the map. I.e. if map returns 1 for a container member and that disk is not currently in use in a subarray then we can assume it is a spare at the container level.

Alternatively we could just return 2 in the map to indicate spare, but I think in the locations we care about we already know that it is not currently in use in a subarray.

--
Dan