Re: Determining which spindle is out of order

On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 21:54:54 +0000
Phil Turmel <philip@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I wrote a little script that would tell me device name and serial number for
> each host port on my motherboard, along with anything else that lists a scsi
> host in sysfs.

Thanks for the great script. However it was partially failing for me at first,
with error messages like "Corporation: command not found" or "Technology:
command not found", failing to get most of the data properly. Turns out my
"udevadm info" output for my controllers contains non-quoted values with
spaces, which do not "eval" correctly:

E: ID_VENDOR_FROM_DATABASE=nVidia Corporation
E: ID_VENDOR_FROM_DATABASE=JMicron Technology Corp.

As you do not use any of those further in the function anyway, I just added |
'grep -v " "' after "cut", and it worked fine afterwards.

--
With respect,
Roman