Re: Preventing a RAID device from starting until all disks are ready

--- On Thu, 10/14/10, Iordan Iordanov <iordan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We have iscsi targets for drives in our array, and we make
> sure that we've logged into all 30 of our drives before we
> continue to enable mdadm (we literally count the number of
> iscsi sessions open). You can try counting the number of
> block devices present (in /dev/block) that match a certain
> pattern, or perhaps your fiber channel driver offers an even
> more convenient facility in /dev.

It seems like the simplest way to do this would be to have two mdadm.conf files; one for the root arrays that need to come up right away, one for the FC/iSCSI arrays that need to wait.

Is either of these ideas:

 - run two "mdadm --monitor" processes simultaneously, one for each set of arrays, or

 - specify two config file arguments to "mdadm --monitor"

...possible?

Thanks.

Andrew