Re: Ok, dumb question time ...

On 10/08/2010 02:01 PM, CoolCold wrote:

It doesn't.  The array is marked as being in the "clean, degraded" state.
  Which, as it is the root file system array, has the unfortunate side effect
of not allowing the RAID1 to properly assemble at boot (that degraded
state).
Am I understanding right, you can't boot because that md array isn't
assembled at all or just assembled but degraded?
If first, are you happy Ubuntu user?

Its not assembling due to the "degraded" state. This is on Centos 5.5 using our kernel bits (never had a problem with this before). We've gotten past that issue and are now onto the next one for them (many thanks to Neil for the solution)

The customer in question may have modified their configs, and we are trying to walk their changes back to the point where it stopped working.

Thanks

Joe

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D