RE: getting a linux boot loader (preferably grub) installed on an intel imsm raid

So I created a RAID0 like your setup. I have md0 as the container and md127 as the RAID0 volume. Fedora 12 installed grub on /dev/md127. The grub version from F12 is 0.97. I was able to rerun grub-install on /dev/md127 successfully. My device map contains:
(hd0)		/dev/md127

Do you have to use grub2?