RE: getting a linux boot loader (preferably grub) installed on an intel imsm raid

Well theoretically the OROM would present the RAID volume to the bootloader as a disk that it can read from. So if you mark your RAID volume for booting in BIOS, it should be able to pick up the bootloader from there right? Are you not able to install to /dev/md127 or whatever device node your RAID volume is on?

Also technically the imsm RAID is not fakeraid because it uses MDRAID instead of special driver to "fake" RAID in Linux. It's just Linux software RAID with OROM support.

>  > Just FYI Intel is moving forward with MDRAID.
> Nice :)
>
> Do you happen to know if mdadm just integrated (parts of) the dmraid
> code?
> Because that's one of the many /rumors/ I picked up ;)
> (and that I would like to put to an end ;)

I have seen some patches posted on this mailing list in regards to putting in DMRAID support so MDRAID can handle DMRAID arrays. I believe it's still work in progress. Neil can probably tell you more about that.