Re: Minor mdadm fixes

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:13:06PM -0400, Doug Ledford wrote:
Second: mdadm-3.1.2-mapfile.patch
Problem: Neil's support for putting the mdadm map file wherever you need
it is nice, but one place in particular needs a special case.
Specifically, mdadm already creates /dev/md if needed to store symlinks,
or in the case of mdmon needing to create pid/sock files (if ALT_RUN is
why on earth do you want to set ALT_RUN=/dev/md ?
it is messy enough as it is, let's keep assuming /dev/md contains only
array device files.

besides that you will discover that the only way to make mdmon work is setting VAR_RUN and ALT_RUN to the same value, something we can
guarantee to be writable even in the direst situation, and i'd keep
/dev/.mdadm

Fourth: mdadm-3.1.2-mapname.patch
Feature: If we are able to easily select the location of the mapfile via
the use of ALT_RUN at compile time, it makes sense to also be able to
this "hunt the mapfile" thing is already ugly as it is, why do we need
an ALT_MAPNAME? if there was any value (except for allowing to set
ALT_RUN to /dev/md) to having the mapfile named differently, just force
it to be called mdadm.map everywere (or incremental.map so the name
reflects the need for the file existance)

L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca@xxxxxxxxxx
        Communication Media & Services S.r.l.