Re: Growing after replacing with larger discs

If you do this kind of thing a lot, or often enough, then it's better
to get a portable NAS, copy filesystem contents to it, then dump the
stuff back.

You can save yourself time with the new arrays by zeroing all the new
disks, and then when creating the new array, use assume-clean. That'll
prevent the array from resyncing, and you'll get full speed when
copying the filesystem contents back to the new array.

dd allows parallel writing to output devices.

--
       Majed B.