RE: mdadm question

	I think that's your problem.  The default for 2.6.7 is a version .90
superblock.  The .90 superblock is limited to 28 devices in the array.  Ise
a version 1.x superblock, instead.

> Debian
> sees all of the drives, and I have fdisked all of them with one partition
> of type
> fd (Linux autodetect raid). fdisk -l /dev/sd[a-z] /dev/sdaa[a-s] shows
> them all
> with no problems.
>
> The issue is that when I do a
>
> mdadm --create /dev/md0 --level=5 --raid-devices=45 /dev/sd[a-z]1
> /dev/sda[a-s]1

	Make that:
` mdadm --create /dev/md0 --level=5 --raid-devices=45 --metadata=1.x`
/dev/sd[a-z]1  /dev/sda[a-s]1

	where x is 0, 1, or 2 and I think you'll be fine.  See the man page.