Re: 2 drives failed, one "active", one with wrong event count

On Mon, 1 Feb 2010, Neil Brown wrote:

You might know that nothing has been written to the array since the device with the lower event count was removed, but md doesn't know that. Any device with an old event count could have old and so cannot be trusted (unless you assemble with --force meaning that you are taking responsibility).

I did use --force, but it seems in the state "one drive with lower event count and another one with 0x2", the event count on the drive isn't forcably updated and since there is a 0x2 drive, the array isn't started.

I had the same situation again this morning (changing controller next), but this time I had bitmaps enabled so recovery of the array with --assemble --force took just a few seconds. Really nice.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@xxxxxxxxx