Re: Several steps to death

> You should have also used '--assume-clean' so that no data would be
> written onto the array while the array was assembled. Saved my ass
> earlier.

A very good thing to know.  I wish I would have known earlier.  I had
tried the create trick before and it worked fine so I figured that was all
I needed to do.  This RAID stuff may be too involved for what I need.  It
is only about 2TB of data.  I may just split it up between two 2TB hard
disks and leave it be.

So I guess that opens this up to a question.  What would everyone suggest
I do.  Should I try the software RAID again?  Should I go with a hardware
controller?  Or should I just have two independent disks?

Right now I have 5 750GB disks that were part of the RAID 5.  I can of
course reuse those in whatever solution I go with.

My thinking this morning is to setup a 2nd server with the 5 750GB disks
and leave that as a software RAID.  Then I would purchase 2 2TB disks for
my current server and just use them as-is.

Throughput is a concern though.  I currently was getting 50MB/sec over the
network.  This was okay but I really wanted to get that up to 75MB/sec or
more.

Suggestions?

---
Will Y.