Re: Fw: Why does one get mismatches?

Jon Hardcastle <jd_hardcastle@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> [...]

No. You obviously should use the -w option in badblocks. Doing a
read-only test is completly pointless as the raid check already tested a
read of every block without errors (I assume). But -w will write one
pattern on the whole disk, then read and compare. Then repeat for the
next pattern. If the disk messes up the address of blocks then that
won't be detected. E.g. I had a raid enclosure that droped a bit in the
block address every once in a while. You get really interesting
corruption with that.

MfG
        Goswin