Re: How to load preexisting ntfs partitions that are on an Intel Matrix Raid 1 or 5 ?

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 04:36:39PM -0500, sylarrrrrrr@xxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks, I will try it.

it being "issuing "dmraid -an" should suffice then just run "mdadm -As"."

However before I will, I would like to know if this is safe?
Is there a chance that I will lose all my data simply from this and mounting, I ask since it is a new feature.

I was able to use md to access an Intel Matrix raid on my home system,
albeit with some difficulties, due to the fact that the array was
degraded. See the thread titled "imsm woes (and a small bug in mdadm)".
I did not lose any data.
Still my feeling is that mdadm 3.0.3 and 3.1.1 are not complete versus
Intel Matrix. Current git should be much better, or wait for 3.1.2,
around mid-february afaik.
YMMV.

L.

--