Re: RAID 1 Disk added as faulty

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 23:19:55 -0600
"Leslie Rhorer" <lrhorer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 	Hello?  Anyone?  Can someone tell me why mdadm won't add the PATA
> drive as Write mostly, or why it claims one of the members is failed?

The "failed" is because once there was a device in the array that it
thinks failed.  The message is not helpful and newer versions of mdadm
do not include it.

As for why you cannot add the PATA drive - it seems to fail, implying a
write error when writing to it???

More info (logs etc) required.

NeilBrown