Re: Reed Solomon coding based Raid?

I have been toying with the idea of an open source project to achieve a more generalized functional spec. than what symform has created. I was thinking of calling it RAINcloud (redundant array of independent nodes)

I started drawing up the requirements over the holiday weekend.

Peter Chacko wrote:
symform, a startup create 32 parity stipes of 64 original stripes, and
distribute the fragments in different geographies.

they call it, RAID-96 And apparently reed-solomon coded.

http://www.symform.com/features-benefits.aspx

thanks