Re: mismatch_cnt again

>> FWIW, databases on raw disk have gone out of fashion.  But it is true
>> that applications that do direct I/O need to avoid updating buffers
>> in flight.

Bill> May have gone out of fashion in new applications (I'm not sure I
Bill> agree, but as a talking point),

I don't believe Oracle supports it anymore.  ASM solves this and several
other problems.

Bill> but there are tons of old apps which are not going to be updated
Bill> any time soon, and any number of libraries which mmap stuff and
Bill> effect multiple applications.

We'll just unmap the page while it's being written out.