RE: Bitmap did not survive reboot

> If you have a temporary space for your data, I'd suggest you move it
> out and go for an internal bitmap solution. It certainly beats the

	For 8 Terabytes of data?  No, I don't.  I'm also not really keen on
interrupting the system ( in whatever fashion ) for six to eight days while
I copy the data out and back or taking the primary copy offline while I
re-do the array just so I can implement an internal bitmap.  It's much
easier to handle the external situation one way or the other.

> patch work you're going to have to do on the startup scripts (and
> every time you update mdadm, or the distro).

	That's why I am leaning strongly toward the lower value script,
which in fact I have already done.  Of course, it's also trivial to disable
it.  Updating mdadm or the distro won't affect the mount script.  At most I
would only have to rename the link, and then only if the mdadm startup link
gets re-numbered, which is unlilkely.  Creating the following script and one
symlink to it are hardly "patchwork" in any significant sense:

#! /bin/sh
# Explicitly mount /dev/hda4 prior to running mdadm so the write-intent
# bitmap will be available to mdadm

echo Mounting RAID bitmap...
mount -t ext2 /dev/hda4 /etc/mdadm/bitmap