Re: Is My Data DESTROYED?!

adfas asd wrote:
I don't understand exactly what it is to be done.  If I can mount using a different superblock, do I then remove one of the drives from the array so I can put that drive away with my data until I can buy another drive to back up the data to?  If so, how?

How is it that the superblock on -both- drives got destroyed?  Isn't RAID10 supposed to be mirrored?

It is mirrored, do you understand what that means? It means that if your filesystem screws up and writes crap to one drive, raid will faithfully write crap to the mirror copy, thereby giving you a fully reliable fully hosed filesystem. Your problem isn't that your raid array has lost your data, but rather that your filesystem has been trashed. And from your comments in another post about reinstalling jfs utilities, I suspect that a nice clean removal of those utilities has some element of human intervention involved.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
 Unintended results are the well-earned reward for incompetence.