Re: mdadm 3.0.2 won't read mdadm.conf file

Well, I tried a simple and dirty solution (aren't they the best?) and it worked:

On a fresh install of Ubuntu (I 'm a bit format-happy) I installed
mdadm version 2.6.7 (or something) from the repositories:
------------

sudo apt-get install mdadm

sudo mdadm -A --scan

sudo su

mdadm --detail --scan >> /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf

gedit /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf (made some corrections there, corrected
metadata 00.90 to 0.90)

mkdir /home/cthulhu/raid

chown -R cthulhu:cthulhu /home/cthulhu/raid

echo "/dev/md0 /home/cthulhu/raid auto defaults 0 3" >> /etc/fstab

gedit /etc/fstab (to make sure it was correctly added)

Then I compiled version 3.0.2, reboot, and now the system correctly
mounts the array on startup. Checked mdadm --version and it is indeed
3.0.2, 25 September 2009

I 'm really curious, though, why the plain vanilla 3.0.2 installation
wouldn't work for me.