Re: Array Power Management

I remember this used to be the case, but it seems to be the opposite
now. What is interesting is in the lower priced drives there seems to
be a trade off for the non recoverable error rate and load / unload
cycles.

When I looked at drives over year ago for my storage I went with 1TB
Hitachi 7K1000 as they were a good price, rated for 24/7 operation,
and had the 1 per 1.0 E15 bits error rate. Recently prices have come
down and when I put together my ESXi box I went with 500GB WD RE3
drives which offer the best rating all around.

Ryan

WD RE3
http://products.wdc.com/library/specsheet/eng/2879-701281.pdf
Load/Unload Cycles 300,000