Re: Port Multipliers

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009, Drew wrote:

each PM, what sort of speed degradation would I be looking at compared to making a RAID5 off just the 3124?

My biggest beef with some of the PMPs out there are the caveats that come with some of them, such as "you have to have a drive in port 0 otherwise all the drives on that PMP goes haywire".

So whatever solution you go for, test it properly so it works in your environment. Try hotswapping all drives, make sure you understand what the OS reaction is to combinations of drives being there and not, try rebooting in degraded modes etc.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@xxxxxxxxx