Re: Port Multipliers

While on newegg, I saw Syba PCI-X cards that work on PCI-X 100MHz,
64-bit, so you can get about 250MB/s per disk, since according to
wikipedia, PCI-X @ 133MHz gives about 1064MB/s.

So you get 8 ports from this card. Look for others under "port multiplier."

I've dealt with IBM xSeries boxes. The normal tower chassis can house
8 disks only. I don't know how you're gonna squeeze more disks into
it!

--
       Majed B.