Re: reshape raid5 to raid6

On Wed, July 15, 2009 1:29 pm, Michael Ole Olsen wrote:
> Is there any way to get anything below 2.6.30 to recognize this
> 'fake' raid6 with all Q blocks on the last disk?

You could back-port a selection of patches.  if you
  git log drivers/md/raid5.c
it should list all the patches you need, but it will list
quite a few that you don't want as well.

Or you could change the array back to raid5 by echoing "raid5" to
the same place you echoed "raid6".

mdadm-3.1 is making good progress but if you are getting
frequent reboots, then you will really need to restart-in-the-middle
-of-a-reshape functionality, and I'm not even sure the kernel
side of that works yet.  It'll be at least 2 weeks before I
could suggest you try that.

NeilBrown