Re: Upgrading a software RAID

Maxime Boissonneault wrote:
What do you mean ?

I sent this message to the list a couple of days ago and did not get any answer yet. How is this message off-topic from a linux-raid list ?

Thanks,

Maxime Boissonneault

Bill Davidsen a écrit :
Maxime Boissonneault attempted to hijack this thread by posting this totally unrelated message:
Hello,
I am using Ubuntu Hardy with 3x500GB drives and the following RAID
configuration :
Please do not respond to obviously off-topic posts.

You injected this into a discussion of Adaptec 2405 disk controller configuration. It has nothing at all to do with the original topic. If you want to talk about something else don't force your post into an existing thread on an unrelated topic, it screws up threading for anyone reading.

It also keeps people who are ignoring the thread from seeing your post.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc

"You are disgraced professional losers. And by the way, give us our money back."
   - Representative Earl Pomeroy,  Democrat of North Dakota
on the A.I.G. executives who were paid bonuses  after a federal bailout.