Re: [Patch] mdadm ignoring homehost?

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 07:52:15AM -0400, Doug Ledford wrote:

> I'm guessing that you didn't completely stop all usage of the hotplug
> devices before you removed them as this works fine for me.  If the
> devices aren't completely stopped before removal, then the stack can't
> delete the devices.

Actually I did and *some* devices were removed.

I'm using a mdadm.conf with name and "--auto=md",
that is "name=/dev/mv/vol0" and so on.
On hot plug something happens and some devices are
created.
Then "mdadm --stop /dev/md/vol*" stops the RAIDs,
then up-plug.
The /md/dev/vol* are still there, other devices are gone.

> Removing the /dev/md/ device files does nothing of value.  However, I

>From what I saw with udevmonitor, it seems that,
with those files, there is no add event.

> will note that I've seen udev take up to 30 or 45 seconds to process a
> bunch of md raid removals at the same time (aka, I did mdadm -S /dev/
> md/* and it took udev that long to remove all the old device files).
> So, make sure you have completely stopped arrays before removing the
> devices, then watch /dev/md/ to wait until udev does its job, then only
> replug the array after that has happened and things should work fine.

I'll try again, I'll let you know.

bye,

--

piergiorgio