Re: Can't resolve mismatch_count > 0 for a raid 1 array

Steven Ellis wrote:
I've resolved most of my raid issues by re-housing the affected system and replacing the motherboard, but across the 3 boards I've tried I always have an issue with my /dev/md1 array producing mismatch_count of 128 or 256.

System is running Centos 5.2 with a Xen Dom0 kernel

This md1 volume is a pair of 40GB HDs raid1 on an IDE controller which I them have a bunch of LVM's that are my Xen guests.

Is there any chance that these mismatch_count values are due to swap partitions for the Xen guests?

That's the cause, and since md code doesn't currently have a clue which copy is "right" it's always a problem if you do something like suspend to disk. You probably don't do that with xen images, but swap and raid1 almost always have a mismatch.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc

"You are disgraced professional losers. And by the way, give us our money back."
   - Representative Earl Pomeroy,  Democrat of North Dakota
on the A.I.G. executives who were paid bonuses  after a federal bailout.