Re: High IO Wait with RAID 1

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:21:28PM -0500, Ryan Wagoner wrote:
> I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing the issue. Luckily the
> issues on both my systems aren't as bad. I don't have any errors
> showing in /var/log/messages on either system. I've been trying to
> track down this issue for about a year now. I just recently my the
> connection with RAID 1 and mdadm when copying data on the second
> system.

Did you have the problem straight from install, or perhaps when a new
kernel started being used ?

My system worked well for some months, there was no kernel update and
it started to go wrong a couple of weeks ago. I also see errors
when I run 'badblocks' -- which makes it smell of a hardware issue,
but the disks were tested, on return, by the hardware supplier and
they did not find any problem with them.

Given that you are not seeing anything in /var/log/messages make me
think that I do have some other problem -- perhaps in addition to
what you have.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/